Travel freaks-Hushstays is Happiness - satoli ,near Mukteshwar
BY RATZ | September 18, 2022
An exclusive collection of thoughtfully designed unique vacation homes with verified amenities hosted by locals and managed by hushstays across India.
HushStay has a local touch, something unique about itself and a personal character that reflects its surroundings.
From a traditional cozy Stone Cottage in the Himalayas to a a unique Woodhouse surrounded by fruit orchards in Mukteshwar, all HushStays are as welcoming as they are beautiful.
A HUSHSTAYS SELECT PROPERTY is managed and marketed exclusively by Hushstays and they make sure to select only the most amazing stays after a thorough inspection.
“You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.”
HUSHSTAY X WOODHOUSE
Satoli, near Mukteshwar
Mukteshwar is a tourist destination in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand, India. It sits high in the Kumaon Hills at an altitude of 6,500 ft , 12kms from Mukteshwar and 343 km from Delhi.
It’s far away from the maddening crowd of a popular hill station and pushed away somewhere in a quaint little village called Satkhol is a gorgeous 04-Bedroom Farmstay aptly called “Hushstay x Woodhouse”.
As you walk towards the house through a blissful setting consisting of peach, plum and apricot fruit garden, it almost feels as if you are leaving behind what’s real and stepping into a Claude Monet painting(capture reality and analyse the ever-changing nature of light and colour.) like : Colourful Scenery, clear blue skies, cotton clouds and virgin mountains for as far as the eye can see.
Walk a little further and the striking wooden cottage rises against a majestic backdrop of snow-covered peaks of the Himalayas.
Located at 6,500 ft and clad in locally sourced wood “Hushstay x Woodhouse” has been designed by Matra Architects.
It comprises a 01 Bedroom Log Cabin (Kamet) and a 04 Bedroom cottage (The Main House) which is an architectural marvel in itself.
The unique layered design of the Main House blends in perfectly to match the existing terraced terrain and the peaked all-glass-roofline mimics the mountains beyond while allowing daylight to flood the interior arranged over stepped-levels.
The interiors of our boutique wooden cottages are just as unique as its exteriors. All rooms are spacious and have been carefully decorated with chic interiors.
The large windows offer vistas of famous Himalayan peaks such as Trishul, Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Neelkanth, Nandaghunti and Nandakot.
The interiors of our boutique wooden cottage are just as unique as its exteriors. As you enter the house, you will find a large living hall spread across different levels comprising a kitchen at the top, a dining area one level below, and a lounge on the lowest step.
The large window wall of the lounge area offers vistas of Himalayan peaks such as Trishul and Nandakot.
The 04 bedrooms of this boutique vacation home are laid out below the peaked glass-roofline on 02 floors. The 02 bedrooms on the ground floor open up to the garden while the other 2 bedrooms offer a glimpse of the beautiful starry night sky through their glass roof.
Besides the 04 rooms of the main house, there is an additional independent 02 Bedroom Unit called Hushstay x Meraki (has to be booked separately) which is apt for smaller groups of up to 04 guests or can be used for additional rooms if you are coming in a bigger group.
Things to Know Before Booking On HushStays For Mukteshwar
- Nearest Railway Station – Kathgodam at a distance of 70 Km.
- Airport – Pantnagar is at a distance of around 90 Km. We can organize a cab for a pick-up and drop from Kathgodam railway station or Pantnagar airport.
- Date of booking – 31 days before arrival : 25 % cancellation fee on the total booking amount
- 30 Days – 15 Days : 50 % cancellation fee on the total booking amount
- Within 14 days from date of arrival : No refunds
- All meals (Veg and Non Veg) are included in your booking.
- Meals at Hushstay x Woodhouse consist of local Kumaoni Cuisine made up of fresh vegetables and fruits grown on the extensive farm and orchards.
- A menu is shared upon booking confirmation. We request all our guests to inform the staff about their meal preferences well in advance.
- Check-in time: 01:00 PM
- Check-out time: 10:00 AM
- Slow and soft music is okay, but please do not play loud music. You are in the middle of nature.
- Services of the staff are available until 10:00 PM
- We are pet-friendly. If you are coming with your pet, make sure they are well-mannered and that nothing is damaged.
- We have a 50 Mbps WiFi connection that is good enough if you are planning to work from Hushstay x Woodhouse.
- There is a good 4G connectivity for Airtel and Jio users, unless the weather is bad.
THINGS TO DO AROUND HUSHSTAY X WOODHOUSE
At Hushstay x Woodhouse Farm, there is a lot you can do besides just lazing around and gazing endlessly into the Himalayas.
Take a hike through the forest and explore the surrounding area, walk down to a nearby water stream, cycle to one of the nearby villages, learn to live the simple life and indulge in the local culture, go bird-watching, pluck your own vegetables and fruits at our extensive farms, or embrace your inner-self with some Yoga at our in-house Yoga Deck called “Shoonya”.
And if you’d just like to stay inside, pick a book from our mini-library or choose from the many board and card games that we have at the property.
They also offer short guided treks in close proximity to the property at an additional cost. These can be booked during your stay.
You can also checkout other lucid places to stay, through Hushstays official website.